Images found on Pinterest.
One of my go to health an fitness blogs has got to be Livestrong.com. I love reading through all the different posts and finding things out which can have a great benefit to myself and my family. With the new year I wanted to make sure that this year I focus of becoming healthier which brings me to a post that I read over on Livestrong about foods that are good for your skin (as well as great for your body) and I really wanted to share them with you all.
- Walnuts:Full of skin loving omega-3 fatty acids, walnuts help protect against UV damage.
- Avocado: An excellent source of vitamin E, which helps the skin repair itself and stay skin moisturised and supple
- Salmon: More of the omega-3 fatty acid that helps with sun damage, but can also reduce inflammation.
- Blueberries: An amazing super-fruit: packed with antioxidants — notably, vitamins C and E. Antioxidants protect the tissues in your body and help repair damage.
- Flax Seed: Yummy on everything and full of omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, and antioxidants!
- Sweet Potato: Jammed full with beta-carotene: a close relative to Retinol, I.E. – the best anti-aging ingredient ever.
- Chocolate: Studies say that people who eat dark chocolate on the regular tend to have better skin texture, less redness, and better skin hydration than those who don’t! It’s also a powerful antioxidant.
- Spinach: A yummy full of vitamins C, A, and E, as well as magnesium, which helps heal skin damage and keep your skin hydrated.
- Tomatoes: Overflowing with antioxidants such as lycopene: they help protects the skin from free radicals and also provide vitamin C.
- Green Tea: Contains two different types of antioxidants (polyphenols and catechins) that protect from skin cancer and the preservation of skin elasticity.
I’m actually really happy that most of these are regular in my diet and I intend to keep it that way now that I know their benefits.