I’m the kind of person that doesn’t really feel that Hen and Stag dos are the best thing to do before getting married. I would much rather have a sit down meal a night or two before my wedding with all of our close family and bridesmaids and groomsmen.
It does seem like there are a few people out there like me that would say no to a hen or stag do. Take a look at this post.
I do find it interesting to see what other people think though and when I read the results to the survey on Hen and Stag dos by Ladbrokes Bingo I did kind of wonder how many people where actually telling the truth when they answered the questions.
Do men really describe their stag do as a celebration of getting married rather than the last night of freedom?? I just don’t know it they really would see it that way. Maybe I’m just not giving them enough credit..
Anyway, if your interested in having a read, here are the results from the survey.
• Majority: 45% of women and 33% of men would describe a hen do as a celebration of getting married and the majority of men (31%) and women (34%) would describe a stag do as the last night of freedom.
Interesting: Nearly double the amount of men (20%) to women (11%) would describe a hen do as “what goes on tour, stays on tour!” and men are more likely (19%) to describe their stag do as a celebration of getting married than women give them credit for (16%)
• Majority: 32% of women and 25% of men believe a spa retreat is the ideal hen do with 48% of women and 37% of men saying an alcohol fuelled bender is the perfect stag do.
Interesting: Over double the amount of men to women (16% to 7%) believe that the perfect hen do would be an alcohol fuelled bender and a city break would make the perfect stag do. (12% to 5%)
• Majority: Both men (12%) and women (17%) would choose London as the ideal hen do destination and Amsterdam as the ideal stag destination (24% of women and 21% of men)
Interesting: Double the amount of men to women picked Blackpool as the ideal hen do destination (9% to 4%)
• Majority: The majority of men (37%) and women (37%) believe the average cost of a hen do is £101-250 and the cost of a stag do is £251-500 (38% of women and 34% of men)
• Majority: Both men (35%) and women (27%) believe women are likely to lie to their partners about how much they have spent on a hen do and over half the women polled (51%) and 46% of men polled believe men are likely to lie about how much they have spent on a stag do.
Interesting: The majority of men and women both believe the opposite sex are likely to lie about how much they’ve spent on a hen/stag do. Men think women are more likely to lie than women do (35% to 27%) and women think men are more likely to lie than men do (51% to 46%)
• Majority: 38% of women polled think fellow women would definitely not want a stripper on their hen do but the majority of men (29%) believe women would want one for comedy value. However, the majority of women (32%) and men (24%) believe a stripper is a vital part of a stag do.
• Majority: Men and women both agree that neither sex would let their partner watch a video back of a hen/stag do they have been on
• Majority: The male respondents believe both sexes are more likely to cheat than female respondents. Both sexes believe the opposite sex is more likely to have an unfaithful kiss on their stag/hen do; 32% of men think women would cheat over men (31%) and 27% of women think men would cheat over women (21%)
• 39% of those polled would describe a woman’s hen do as ‘a celebration of getting married’ and 33% would describe a man’s stag do as ‘the last night of freedom’
• The majority of those polled (29%) believe a woman’s perfect hen do would be a spa retreat and a man’s perfect stag do would an alcohol fuelled bender. (43%)
• 14% of those surveyed believe London is the ideal destination for a hen do and Amsterdam for a stag do (22%)
• The majority of those surveyed (37%) believe a woman usually spends between £101-250 on the cost of a hen do but that men spend between £251-500 on the cost of a stag do. (36%)
• 31% of the nation believes women lie to their partners about how much they have spent on a hen do and nearly half believe men lie to their partners about how much they have spent on a stag do. (49%)
• The majority of respondents (30%) believe women’s opinions on strippers are for “comical value entirely” however, the most popular opinion for men is 2They are a vital part, better make the most of my last night of freedom”
• The majority of those surveyed believe both men (70%) and women (57%) would not be happy for their other half to watch a video back of a stag/hen do they have been on.
• Of those surveyed, 27% believe that women have a cheeky, unfaithful kiss on their last night of freedom and 18% believe that men sleep with someone on theirs.
• 58% of those polled believe a woman would not tell her fiancé is she had been unfaithful on her hen do and 68% believe a man would also keep quiet about their infidelity.
• 34% of respondents believe that a woman would tell a friend’s partner if she had witnessed them being unfaithful but only 22% believe a man would do the same.
• The average alcohol consumption on one day/night of a hen do (as identified from the survey) is 2 spirits, 2 cocktails, 2 glasses of wine and 2 shots.
• The average alcohol consumption on one day/night of a stag do (as identified from the survey) is 10+ pints, 2 spirits and 5 shots.
• The majority of respondents believe that women are most likely to incite friends (87%) and their own family (61%) on their hen do but men are most likely to invite friends (89%) and work colleagues (58%) on their stag do.
Survey results provided by Ladbrokes Bingo