With less than 7 weeks left till D-Day I figured it’s about time I pack or at least start packing my hospital bag. I keep thinking to hold off as long as I can so I don’t forget anything but lots of people have said that the sooner it’s done the better and I can always add things if I think of anything else along the way.
So for now here is my list of whats going to be there with me on the day. I wont bore you all with photos of everything but I will show some cute little baby bits!!
– Birth and pregnancy notes from hospital
– Birthing robe (just an old one then I can treat myself to a new one after)
– Comfortable pajamas and underwear
– Toiletry bag (shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush, lip balm and face wipes)
– Going home outfit (loose fitting and comfortable)
– Nursing bras and tops
– Breast and maternity pads
– Camera, phone, batteries and charger
– Newborn nappies (will start cloth diapering a few days after birth when all the meconium poop is out of baby)
– 2 x burp cloths
– 2 x babygros
– 1 x blanket
– 2 x sleep suits
– Going home outfit
– 2 x hats, mits and socks
Food and entertainment
– Laptop (to update people and keep Will sane)
– 2 x large bottles of water (from the freezer)
– Drinks for energy
– Fruit and sandwiches (not packed yet)
Obviously the car seat will already be in ready in the car and I will pack a change of clothes for Will too. Hopefully I haven’t left anything off.
I found packing the bag has made it all seem so real, soon we will have our newest bundle of joy!