Nothing is more important than safety and especially when it comes to car seats so I cannot begin tell you how excited and I am to have been given the opportunity to try out the Phoenixfix Pro 2 from Kiddy.
Kiddy is one of Germany’s best known manufacturers of car seats with over 30 years of experience in the trade. Their experience, design and knowledge is second to none and has helped them to design car seats with maximum safety and comfort.
The Phoenixfix Pro 2 was the first ever recipient of the top rating, ‘Outstanding‘ in the 45-year history of the TCS (Touring Club Switzerland) child car seat tests. The experts particularly recognised ‘safety and operation of the highest level‘ with an incredible rating of ‘5 stars‘. It has also achieved the top rating of “Very good” in tests by ADAC and Stiftung Warentest and top marks in the categories of safety, handling and pollutant levels in which they have been given an overall score of 1.4 which is the best result that has ever been awarded for a Group 1 (9-18 kg) child car seat.
The Phoenixfix Pro 2 has also been given ‘a license to fly!’ Kiddy car seats are approved by TÜV Rheinland and the Federal Aviation Authority for use in airplanes – how cool is that.
- Suitable from approx. 9 months–approx. 4 years (9–18 kg)
- Comfortable lateral head rests – prevent the head from tilting to the side without aﬀecting the view of the child
- Optimized side impact protection in the shoulder area – thanks to a new geometrical design and new energy absorbing materials
- One-hand adjustment of the headrest – enables the seat to “grow” in height for the best seating position
- High performance absorbing material – in the head and shoulder area guarantees the best possible side impact protection
- Adjustable resting position – makes travelling even more comfortable (through k-fix – for use until 18 kg)
- Kiddy k-ﬁx connectors for easy connection to the ISOFIX fittings of the vehicle
- Optimized frontal impact performance – due to the new geometry of the impact shield and an improved composition of the energy absorbing materials in the impact shield
- Adjustable seat height – the fold able seat cushion enables the ideal seating position for the child no matter of age and body height
- Quick retraction mechanism for the Kiddy k-ﬁx connectors – makes these disappearing into the seat, so that the seat can also be used in vehicles without ISOFIX fittings
So what do we think of The Phoenixfix Pro 2?
We have been testing The Phoenixfix Pro 2 out for a few months now and even took it out on a long 5 hour journey to London which i’ll tell you now, went perfectly! I’d like to share a few points that we love about The Phoenixfix Pro 2 with you.
Quality: As soon as we unpacked The Phoenixfix Pro 2 we could tell there was something different to all other car seats we have used. It was solid, strong and safe. The kind of car seat you are confident your baby will be safe and comfortable in.
Kiddy Original Impact Shield: The Phoenixfix Pro 2 is a little different to most other car seats that have the traditional 5 point harness. The Phoenixfix Pro 2 securely holds your child in place with the large, cushioned Impact Shield which you feed the seat belt through. I really love the idea of this – much more than I like the 5 point harness of ours sons car seat and well, it’s so much safer!
Optimized side impact protection: The Phoenixfix Pro 2 has some serious sides to it! Kiddy use something they like to call Honey Comb V2 which is a shock absorbing material. This is one of the reasons I am so in love with this car seat.
Comfort: The Phoenixfix Pro 2 is really padded and from what I can tell it’s also ever so comfortable. We know Amelia must be incredibly comfortable in The Phoenixfix Pro 2 because most of the time she falls asleep while in it and she sleeps so soundly in there.
Fabric: The seat is covered in a breathable fabric which is easy to clean with just a damp cloth but it can also be removed and machine washed.
Assembly: Well was that easy! No assembly needed. It is simply ‘click and go‘, The Phoenixfix Pro 2 attaches to your car using the ISOFIX system and from then on all you need to do is put baby in, Impact Shield in place and seat belt round. WOW! For those without the ISOFIX system in their car, The Phoenixfix Pro 2 can also be held in place just with the seat belt.
Price: For around £200, The Phoenixfix Pro 2 has a great price tag. I would be more than happy to spend that on such a high quality car seat.
Overall Thoughts: Just a few words really – Exceptional, Unbeatable, Advanced, Faultless.
Disclosure: We were sent The Phoenixfix Pro 2 free of charge for the purpose of this review which is based on months of use. All opinions are 100% our own.